- PC assumes the function of a CANopen manager
- Control of other CANopen devices, e. g. motor controls
- Transmission performance of 1 Mbit/s at 90 % bus load
- Freescale Coldfire with 32 MHz clock frequency
- 2× galvanically isolated CAN channels
- Equipment with high or low speed interface
- LEDs for bus status display on the front bracket
The card is a PCI module with two galvanically isolated CAN interfaces according to ISO 11898, fully compatible with PCI-Specification 2.2 and designed as a PC plug-in card. The CAN controllers used provide 15 message objects each and are based on the FullCAN standard.
The Coldfire from Freescale is used as a powerful microcontroller. The controller is operated in 16 bit demultiplexed mode, which guarantees an optimal connection to the PCI controller. The implemented bootstrap loader makes it easy to load the firmware. Two “on-chip” CAN controllers realize the CAN connection in 2.0 B active mode.
By default 8 MB RAM and 2 MB Flash are installed. An external programming voltage does not have to be applied, as the Flash can be written and erased with 5 V. The firmware is stored in the flash, which can be updated via the bootstrap mode of the microcontroller if required.
The board has two galvanically isolated CAN channels and two active 2.0 B CAN controllers, which also allow mixed operation with both 11 bit and 29 bit identifiers. The interface is designed according to ISO 11898 standard. As a high performance card, operation with CAN High (1 Mbit/s) and also CAN Low (125 Kbit/s) is of course possible.
Error frame detection
This optional feature enables the plug-in card to perform debugging and diagnosis in a CAN network. It has its own logic that detects error frames and counts them in an internal memory. This allows sporadic errors, such as the corruption of messages by a station in the network, to be detected.
|CAN||2× CAN interface acc. to ISO 11898, galv. isolated|
|CAN controller||2× FullCAN according to CiA (DIN41652)|
|CAN transceiver||Philips 82C251|
|CAN protocol||2.0 A and 2.0 B|
|CAN connectors||2× D-Sub9|
|PCI controller||acc. to PCI 2.2 specification,|
|LED||4× LED (green)|
|Dimensions (l×w×h)||164 mm × 102 mm × 13 mm|
|Operating temperature||0°C up to +60°C|
|Storage temperature||–20°C up to +75°C|
|Rel. humidity||20% – 90% non-condensing|
|Power supply||5 V|
|Power consumption||500 mA|
|CANopen driver||for Windows NT|
|Layer 2 driver||for Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7; 32- and 64-bit|
- Computing power up to 2.16 GHz
- Very good performance even in harsh environments
- Suitable for industrial use due to integrated power supply and fan
- All interfaces accessible from the front
- Freescale microcontroller
- Wide range of interfaces
- Internal flash and RAM memory
- Link2Go: Extension modules can be attached without adapting the ePC
- Numerous interfaces like CAN, Ethernet, IOs, CFast, DVI and USB
- Full metal housing for optimum EMC protection (IP20)